Our last blog post “How To Work With WHM As A Hosting Reseller? (Part 1)” was about the benefits of WHM and how to access it. Now, it’s time to use WHM. In this post, we will explain how to create your first package by using WHM.
Web hosting plans and packages are same. When you are creating a package, you need to allocate resources like bandwidth usage and disk space. You need to follow this path for creating a package: Main >> Packages >> Add Packages. This is really easy and simple however you need to choose the best configuration and integrate it into your package. These are the steps to create a package using reseller hosting account:
1. Name of the Package
Choose a name related to the product for which you are creating that package, the way your end clients will see that specific package.
2. Set up resources
- Quota: You need to specify desk space allocated to that package. The unit of this field is MB so if you set it to 0 that means unlimited and 5000 means 5GB data usage is allowed.
- Bandwidth: This field is same like data usage. Field is filled with allowed MB 0 means unlimited and 5000 means 5GB bandwidth is available for this package.
- FTP Accounts: Maximum FTP accounts assigned to this package, 0 for unlimited accounts.
- Email Accounts: Maximum email accounts assigned to this package, 0 for unlimited.
- Maximum Databases: Maximum MySQL databases assigned to this package, 0 for unlimited
- Maximum Parked Domains: Maximum parked domains assigned to this package, 0 for unlimited
- Maximum Addon Domains: Maximum addon domains assigned to this package, 0 for unlimited
3. Additional Settings
After assigning resource usage settings for the package, you can do additional settings like Common Gateway Interface access. Also you can apply the default cPanel Theme and set the feature list field to default. Choose default package language so you clients can see the content in their native language after logging into accounts. Click on blue ”ADD” button for finishing the setup.
Congratulations! You have created you first package.
We make your Windows and Linux reseller hosting hassle free and easy. Check our website for details and if you are confuse about the packages just talk to our customer support to help you out. Our next post is about how to create a cPanel account from WHM. Stay tuned!